Response Cards Activity
This is a revision, reflection, and discovery activity. It’s an interesting alternative to asking questions to participants, with the trainer writing the answers on a flip chart.
Unlike the flip-chart activity, this activity gives everyone a chance to provide an answer.
1. Ask an open-ended question and ask each participant to write their answer on a card. Please give them a suitable time limit.
2. Separate the participants into small groups of 4 to 6 people per group.
3. Collect the responses from each team and give them to another group.
4. Ask each group to select two responses: the ‘best’ one and the response that is the most different from the others. Please give them a suitable time limit.
5. Ask each team to read the responses they selected.
6. Comment and discuss each response.
The Benefits of this activity
- This activity gives participants time for reflection.
- It is a good way to involve even the shyest participants, who would not answer in front of the whole class otherwise.