Types of participants: Physically capable of moving around, people who enjoy some physical movement as part of their work together
Ideal conditions: The game calls for a large open space -- this could be a large empty room like a gym or even an empty parking lot or field
1. Divide the workshop participants into three equal groups. It is easiest to assign each participant a number (1 -- 2 -- 3,) and participants form their groups based on their assigned number.
3. All of the participants from Group 1 are asked to find a partner from Group 2. These partners face one another, raise their arms and place their palms together,r forming a "house."
4. Each participant from group 3 then chooses a "house" and "hides" underneath it.
5. The facilitator then yells,s "QUAKE!!" and the participants hiding under the houses must find another partner hiding under a house and create a house with them.
6. At the same time,e the participants who were forming a house needed to scramble and find a new house to hide underneath.
7. Note: Those that were forming houses in the first round are not allowed to form a house again. They must try and find a new house to hide under. Similarly, participants hiding under a house cannot hide under a house again.
8. Each time this is done,e 1/3 of the participants are left without a house to hide and are eliminated from the game.
9. Continue until there are only three participants left -- two forming a house and one participant hiding underneath.