- Most laughter yoga sessions begin with warm-up exercises that involve clapping and synchronizing your movements.
- Begin by clapping with your hands parallel to each other, which will stimulate the acupressure points on your hands and increase your energy level.
- Continue to clap with a 1-2, 1-2-3 rhythm, moving your hands up and down and swinging them from side to side as you clap.
- You can then try your first chant, in rhythm with your hands. Say “ho ho, ha-ha-ha”, breathing from your belly with deep inhales and exhalations.
- You can continue clapping and chanting as you move around the room in a circle or from side to side. Make sure you are breathing from your diaphragm with deep inhales and exhales as you clap and chant.